I narrowed the width of the neckline at my shoulders to keep the top from sliding off. I adjusted the shape of the neckline to drop the drape lower. I made the top tighter from armpits down. And I added the modesty T shirt panel underneath. Very pleased with this version. I used my serger and my coverstitch for the hems. I will be doing this top in a short sleeve version for the spring/summer .I got this super cute pack of charms that features Nancy Drew. Love me some Drew. Now I just need to find something do with them. I am not wasting them on my kids. I don’t want to make a quilt. I am thinking of some type of summer bag.
Like many of you out there I am tired of winter and my mind has shifted to spring sewing. I am planning my spring office wardrobe. The quick basics are:
- Grey long draped top short sleeved (you just saw the winter version, same fabric)
- Cream jersey small draped top short sleeved (self drafted, maybe with a dolman sleeve)
- Red/white ponte ss wrap top (NL 6150)
- Navy pants (Vogue 2532 - already muslined, fabric coming from FabricMart, need to reduce leg width)
- Keyhole jacket in boucle (self drafted - class work)
- Blue lace skirt over cream jersey lining (more of a summer item).