Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bolero

  Whenever I say I am done, well, I am not quite done.  The minute I had packed up my machines I was browsing through my pattern stash thinking about making a little cardi for over my Christmas Dress.  I had about a meter left of a sequined wool/poly black boiled wool and I thought this would be a good opportunity to bust some stash.  I used Simplicity 3921 and made the View A bolero.  I didn't have quite enough fabric for the 2 piece back as drafted as the fabric had a flaw, so I divided the back into 3 smaller pieces.  It is lined with some leftover lining and bias trimmed in dupioni.  That is where the stash ended and I ended up having to pick up some extra dupioni to finish the job.  Fabricland dupioni is NOT as nice as the stuff Frank gets from C&M Textiles.  It is very slubby and rough looking in comparison.

This is a quick and dirty project and took about four hours (including the handstitching of the trim).

Fabric, Lining from stash remnants
Pattern from stash:  $4
Dupioni trim: $13
Total Cost: $17







No comments: