It looks better than I expected it would given I hate the cheapness of the material. I could have made Pat a size larger in this pattern. As it stands I find the neck a smidge tight on him if he wanted to wear it buttoned up with a tie. The question for the next shirt becomes: do I modify the pattern for a bigger neckline, do I buy the pattern in an xl and use that, or do I try again with a different shirt pattern? When he saw the shirt made up he commented that he already had a shirt in this pattern. Yeah, I'll be rushing to make that next shirt, ingrate.
I tried a new technique for putting on the collar/stand. Usually I would construct the whole thing and then attach it to the garment neckline. This time I attached the inside band to the garment, attached the collar to the inside band, and then attached the outside back. Worked pretty slick. I followed this tutorial. For the inside seams I made fake fell seams by sewing then serging the sides and the folding over and sewing again from the original seam. I am most proud of my narrow hem. It is so small and tidy. Shame it will be tucked in, away from sight.