Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rowr.

Simplicity 2614.  I have made this shirt before.  This would be my fourth effort.  This time I adjusted for a full bust and raised the armholes.  I did not cut the lower half on the bias as I didn't have enough fabric.  As a result, there is not quite as nice a draped fit at the back than what there should have been.  I wish I had enough fabric for the pussy bow but alas, not to be.

The neckline has an organza facing to give it some strength and the cuffs also have organza for interfacing.  The inside is french seamed except the armholes.  The material has frayed too much and I will have to serge them.  The cuffs are a bit snug and I am going to have to open them up..

 I plan to wear this over a cami.  I see this as a show my work shirt for class.The back isn't crooked or uneven, it is just the way it is hanging right now.