Monday, June 17, 2013

Same Dress, but with more colour!

The countdown is on.  4 more classes.  3 if you figure the last class is to hand in the finished garment.  I have found the twice a week schedule a bit intense.  The students just don't have time to sew between Monday and Wednesday.  I look forward to the fall once a week schedule.  That pace will seem like heaven!

On the home sewing front, same dress, different flavour.  It is a cotton, lined with a cotton voile that I had in the stash.  This baby is properly finished, everything neat and tidy the way I like it.  The belt is piped in some commercial bias tape.  This version came together easy but putting on all that bias took ages.  I am done with this pattern for now.  I though I had a black version in me but I don't.

I just got my serger back and she is tuned up.  I used the coverstitch to hem a pair of PJs.  Meh, it's ok but frankly I feel more in control with a twin needle.  I finally finished the seams of mom's Von Trapp skirt and whipped it up for a fabric fitting.

A quick 2 hours resulted in a removable seat cover for the lounger at the cottage.  Got up to the cottage and didn't need it.  Forgot I bought a new cushion last year.  Oh well, I'll use it eventually.

2 comments:

Steph A said...

Lovely, lovely summer dress, the fabric is great! Now we're getting the hot weather it'll be just the thing. I'm now beginning to realize the usefulness of voile as a summer lining, rayon bemberg just seems too hot and sticky in this heat.
Bravo on your teaching, 2 classes a week is a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

OH Wow.. for some reason I couldn't see your photos but now I can ! what a beautiful dress EB !