Friday, January 24, 2014

Office Collection: Part 2

Today's sewing resulted in a heavy grey ponte knit skirt.  I used my TNT a line knit pattern. It has the facing built in. Sew one side, the other, hem and done. 

The shirt is Simplicity 2618.  The shirt will be a layering piece, I probably won't wear the two together.

This woven blouse took more time. I drafted the pattern from a favourite ready to wear top from Banana Republic. It is basically a square dartless shirt block, spread for pleats at the waist.  Back shape is given via the tie. I used a polyester satin.  The neck, arms and hem are done with my coverstitch.


No, my pants aren't hemmed yet.

1 comment:

Sox said...

I've never looked at that Simplicity patterm before. Amazing how they look made up as opposed to a pattern envelope. Very nice!