Friday, March 14, 2014

More Office Ts

 Spring sewing.  Hee hee.  I kill myself.  Spring is never coming.

This top is for the spring office lineup.  More of that grey/blue jersey with a small drape neck.  I love the neck drape.  It just seems to elevate a tshirt into something with a bit more class.  This is another version based on my TNT pattern.  Not much more to say about it except it sucks to relearn the lesson of testing out your coverstitch machine on scrap fabric first to get the stitch right before you sew your real garment.  I should know better.  
This next bright blue top was the a RTW knock off with a dolman sleeve.  I just laid the shirt down and copied it onto tracing paper, trued it up, added seam allowance and went to town.  What I didn't account for was that the RTW top had stretch it both directions and my blue fabric does not.  I could not get the sleeves on my arms - even with the ease of the dolman.  So, I cut them off.  This will be a shell under a sweater.

Version two has a much more ease in the sleeve.  I actually measured my biceps and made sure things would fit before I went to fabric.  Again, something I should have done in the first place, but I was to eager to sew.


In the queue is a First Communion dress.  I saw a cute one in a Burda mag and traced it out.  I have muslined the top and made the necessary changes.  I have ordered the white cotton batiste, some crochet trim and the lace for the neckline.



1 comment:

Nakisha said...

Cute basics!! Really liking the grey one.